-
Well I've shot K40, Ekta125, and Tri-X. K40 has
the finest grain but it has two problems IMHO.
It takes me 4+ weeks to get back my film, but that slowness could be because I'm in Canada. The second problem is that it is very slow only 40 ASA.
Ekta is faster and regardless of all the bashing
it gets on this board I think it looks great!
Tri-X is very contrasty but good for low light.
It is not very hard to develop it by hand. I think
I will do a long post in the coming weeks about
all my hand processing adventures.
I paid about $100 US for a used Sekonic light
meter at a camera shop. Well worth it! Don't get
fooled by the expensive digital light meters. As
a beginner you don't need the features! As long
as it has a cine reading it will work wonders for
you.
As for projectors I use an old Bell & Howell. Its
creaky but its all I've got for now. If you are
going to buy off ebay. Buy a multi-speed
projector (18 & 24fps) it will help with your
video transfers. Also manual load are better than
autoload as they increase the odds of jamming.
-
Jerome:
I hope I didn't offend you. I just noticed a peculiar way about your phrasing and thought that you might be from another country.
I understand you just fine. I was just curious.
And everyone else: Thanks for the tips.
-Danny
-
No Object at all,... You are not only one who asked me where I came from but USA. I traveled europe three times I used gesture to talk with my deaf friends because i do not know french sign language so is german even italia too. I've been in middle east shoot movie about myself that try to find deaf people. I am open with offend which do not interference myself at all. at least I can write in english unperfect but a fine one with different kind of accent i never too good at grammar but concept I hoped so. Jerome, deaf filmmaker
-
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...Sort&catref=C4
There are a lot of Weston light meters for sale on ebay for low prices. Just make sure the dial is active. There is a manual on line at Andrea's site.